Monday, January 23, 2012

Month by Month Goals!

2012 goals by month:

Do:

Read:

Learn:

Be:

Jan.

Finish the boys dresser

list 2 items on eBay/Craigslist

prepare 8 freezer meals
Dr Kevin Leman
Memorize
James 
1:1-12
quiet:
make a conscious effort this month to keep my mouth from complaining


Feb.


prepare 12 meals for freezer

refinish/paint TV stand

sew curtains for the garage window


Memorize
James 
1:13-25

gentleness:
taking the gentleness challenge to react sweetly to my family







March


prepare 12 freezer meal

Have a garage sale

Plant early garden veggies

by Crystal Paine  

Memorize
James 
1:26-2:10

sweet:
sit on the floor with the boy for as long as they want and just play








April


Organize and finish painting the desk 

Organize the garage 

prepare 8 freezer meals  

by Sally Clarkson

Memorize
James 
2:11-22

merciful:
show mercy to each child when they don’t deserve it as possible







May


Spend as much time as possible outside with my boys




Memorize
James 
2:23-3:8

a helper:
ease the burden of someone else







June

Plan a stay-cation with my husband
Sally Clarkson
Memorize
James 
3:9-4:2
affectionate:
hug and kiss my husband when he walks in each day, no matter my mood.







July

Explore museums in the summer heat as a family
One Thousand Gifts
by Ann Voskamp
Memorize
James 
4:3-14

Loving:
have bottled water in my care for homeless in the heat







Aug.

Prepare 8 freezer meals
Memorize
James 
4:15-5:9
Patient:
Be thankful for slow moments as a gift to pray and be thankful








Sept.

Prepare 12 freezer meals

Memorize
James 
5:10-19
kind:
make an effort to encourage my husband with my words (his love language)

Oct.
Make the ornament for the Jessie Tree

Go to Canton with girlfriends

Memorize 1Peter 
1:1-12

thankful:
write thank you notes to loving people in my life


Nov.
Fill 2 Operation Christmas Child boxes

Start Jessie Tree

Memorize  1Peter 
1:13-22
caring:
take a hot meal to a friend or neighbor who can't return the gift

Dec.

Host a Christmas Party for friends

Memorize  1Peter 
1:23-2:9
generous: give away something I love to someone who needs it


.
This table has been adapted from one of my favorite blogs Biblical Homemaking, many of the books are repeats I do make a small portion if you use my links that take you to Amazon. 
I am still looking for some books to add to the last 4 months of the year so if you have some recommendations I am all ears.
What are your goals for the year. I am sure I will be tweaking this and reviewing at the end of the month so I can better prepare for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...