Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More Wall Art



I am kind of obsessed with wall art. After my intense nesting I noticed just how bare the walls in my home are. So my quest for easy, fugal ideas began. Several blogs I like have some really neat ideas!
Hear is one, this is a groups of pictures from Ballard Design Catalog and Sarah from the Thrifty Decor Chick made it for much much less

All she used was, MDF board, and scrapbook paper, then nailed them directly to the wall. The Ballard Design cost $200, hers cost $25! So simple and affordable!



I came up with an idea for some art to go over my living room doorway

I bought wood letters that spell FAMILY each letter was $1.49

Then I got a 8 x 24 canvas for $4.99

Lastly whatever colors you want in acrylic paint, Michael's had then $0.77/ea


I will post pictures of the art when I am done,

so far I have painted the letters a Brick red mixed with white pearl.

I plan to paint the canvas a dark brown/bronze color

Affix the letter to the canvas then hang on the all!

Super Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...