Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Joy in the midst of trials




I am going through some trials, 
too some people it may not seem like much but for me they are. 
I haven't had a good attitude at all the last 6 months. 
It has affect my mood, motivation, and mindset. 
I have grumbled, complained, fought and argued, 
out loud and in my head.
This has been made me me very weary, angry and depressed
I can't keep up this way. 
The solution:
take it to my Father, depend on Him for strength, joy, and peace. 

Isaiah 40:28-31
Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is an everlasting God,
 the creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary; His understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength;
Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
BUT
they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.

It is so wonderful that the LORD meets you where you are.
This verse shows me what I need to do.
Wait on the LORD
Yes like most things we need to do easier said than done. Which is why we have the Holy Spirit who it there to help us in our weaknesses. 

Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. 
For we do not know what to pray for as we ought,
but the Spirt himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 

2 Corinthians 12:9a
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness,
so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 

I can assure you haven't been boasting in my weakness
I have been complaining in my weakness. 
So in writing all this my goals are of a singular thought
Wait on the LORD
Seeking the Spirit intercession during prayer
Relying on His grace to be sufficient.

3 comments:

  1. Jessica, what a wonderful post. Hits me right where needed, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the Lord is doing some serious work on my heart.

      Delete
  2. Great stuff, Jessica!! You've posted some the nearest and dearest scriptures to me. What a comfort!!
    Have a lovely day...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...