Thursday, January 10, 2013

Slow Cooker Apple Butter




I searched and searched for an apple butter recipe 
that didn't require 6lbs of apples. I just couldn't find one. 
So I took from Oh She Glows recipe and modified if for us 


 2 lbs fuji apple and 2 Pink Lady's cut in eighths and cored 
(leave the skin on)


Place in the slow cooker on HI for 2 hours, stir a few time otherwise they will stick to the bottom and sides. You could always add a little water or apple juice to the slow-cooker to minimize sticking


After 2 hours your apples should be super soft 
and easy to mash with a potato masher. 


Once thoroughly mashed puree in a blender. I don't have a super high powered blender so I did it in batches. If you have a Vitamix you can do this all at once. Return to slow-cooker


Add your spices, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 
2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground allspice



Stir spices in very well and cook another 45 min uncovered on HI to thicken



Store in an air tight container. 
I had this old Classico Spaghetti jar on hand. 
I know this isn't going to last long
Elliot ate 1/2c immediately and I had several spoonfuls!
This will a make a great hostess gift, or Christmas gift. 
Going to try my hand at canning them to make them last longer.
I'll let you know how it goes!

This recipe will be easy to double or triple, 
just make sure you double and triple the time and spices

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...