Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pecan Praline Graham Bars

Nothing says Christmas time like baking
it is quickly becoming one of my favorite Christmas traditions
(OK, yes I know there are things that say Christmas more like CHRIST)

I love to bake. Unfortunately baked goods don't always like me back.
Ever since I went on my Whole30 challenge I realized that
grains, sugar and dairy have some pretty unpleasant effects on my body. 
This make baking a challenge and then there are the time I saw 
WHO CARE I AM GOING TO ENJOY THIS!

I digress 

Here's what you need for these delightful treats

1 1/2 sticks of butter
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 cups chopped pecans
Honey Maid Graham crackers
(off brands don't work well and will break)
cookie sheets

1. Lay out grahams in squares 


2. I bought chopped pecan but you need them in pieces.

3. Bring butter and sugar to a boil, 
stir constantly so butter doesn't separate

I didn't get a picture of the next step it goes fast. 
4. Pour butter mixture over the grahams, spread 
with a spatula to even out then sprinkle with pecans

 5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 min till brown

6. Let the bars cool on the cookie sheets.
Break into bars

What baked goodies do you make at Christmas?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...