Nothing says Christmas time like baking
it is quickly becoming one of my favorite Christmas traditions
(OK, yes I know there are things that say Christmas more like CHRIST)
I love to bake. Unfortunately baked goods don't always like me back.
Ever since I went on my Whole30 challenge I realized that
grains, sugar and dairy have some pretty unpleasant effects on my body.
This make baking a challenge and then there are the time I saw
WHO CARE I AM GOING TO ENJOY THIS!
Here's what you need for these delightful treats
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 cups chopped pecans
Honey Maid Graham crackers
(off brands don't work well and will break)
1. Lay out grahams in squares
2. I bought chopped pecan but you need them in pieces.
3. Bring butter and sugar to a boil,
stir constantly so butter doesn't separate
I didn't get a picture of the next step it goes fast.
4. Pour butter mixture over the grahams, spread
with a spatula to even out then sprinkle with pecans
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 min till brown
6. Let the bars cool on the cookie sheets.
Break into bars
What baked goodies do you make at Christmas?