I adapted this recipe from Sarah Fragoso cookbook Everyday Paleo
which is amazing resource for those interested in Paleo.
1. 1lb of ground beef
I am a firm believer in grass-fed beef/bison. Yes it is more expensive, but the taste is obvious to and the quality is unbeatable. I'd rather go low meat and all grass fed then more meat all conventional.
2. 1 squash grated and 1 large carrot grated
3. 1 clove of garlic minced
4. 1 egg beaten
5. 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
6. 1 tsp salt and pepper ( you can add more or less)
7. Mix all ingredients together and form into balls a bit bigger than a golf ball.
Place in a oiled baking dish and cover securely with foil
8. Bake at 375F for 45 minutes
These are very yummy and can be added to so many dishes.
A few ways I have and will eat them;
in marinara sauce
over sauteed vegetables
crumbled over a salad