I have a sweet tooth, and I have to say I was worried that going paleo I would never get to enjoy sweets. But I was wrong. Now let's get something straight, I'm not a die hard paleo gal, my goal is to stay in the 80% range, for instance I love cheesecake. I will be having real, full fat, full sugar, full grain
New York Style CHEESECAKE for my birthday in July!!
But in the meanwhile I will adhere to Paleo sweets.
I made these Lemon Bars from the Primal Women in the Kitchen
|Primal Women in the Kitchen Lemon Bars|
6 whole eggs
1/2 c. honey
3/4 c. lemon juice (about 7 lemons)
1/2 c. coconut oil
1 c. of raw almonds
1 c. of raw walnuts (they say pecans, I didn't have any!)
1/4 c. honey
1/2 c. of melted coconut oil
2. Heat on medium and add coconut oil. Stir until the coconut oil has melted.
3. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens and bubbles.
4. Remove from heat and place in a bowl in the refrigerator to cool and thicken further.
1.Place nuts in a food processor/blender until finely chopped, don't puree.
They should be in tiny pieces but not as fine as almond flour.
2. Mix the nuts with the remaining ingredients until they are well combined.
3. Spread over the bottom of a greased 8 x 12 pan.
4. Heat oven to 400F and bake for 15-20 minutes. The crust will be done when you can insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
5. Cool crust completely before layering the filling over the top. Return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Be sure and check out their blog-post and the comments for tips and tricks for helping this turn out even better!
Links to Amazon are affiliate links through which I may receive a small percentage should you decide to purchase the book.