Monday, April 2, 2012

Paleo Quiche

Now that I am going Paleo I have to change how I eat. You don't realize how much you eat something {say pasta} until you can't. So I have pursuing blogs and websites for recipes. This quiche is something I came up with on my own. Enjoy!


Veggie Sausage Quiche
6 whole eggs
2 egg whites
1/2 lb. cooked sausage{what used isn't the best, but it was in my freezer so no waste!}
10 asparagus spears
1/3 red bell pepper chopped
1/3 orange bell pepper, chopped
1/2 c mushrooms, chopped
{any vegetable will work}
coconut oil
1. Saute mushroom and bell pepper in coconut oils
2. I broiled my asparagus in olive oil and salt and pepper for about 5 min, then chop
{you can easily saute it as well just be sure and chop it up first}
3. Beat eggs and egg whites in a large bowl.
4. combine vegetables and sausage into eggs
5. Pour into a coconut coated pie pan
6. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until set

This was a hit for the whole family! Including the boys, success!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...