Saturday, March 31, 2012

Going Paleo

I have for a while been trying to loose weight. Now I can't full blame any of diets because I haven't followed them to the letter. But I have been doing some searching and keep hearing about the Paleo diet. At first I said
 NO WAY I am not giving up grains and dairy.
I can give up sugar and legumes no problem. But I love my cheese and bread. So after reading about my friends' testimony about following Whole30 program. I was inspired by her changes, but did nothing. However last week I checked out The Paleo Diet: Lose Weight and Get Healthy by Eating the Foods You Were Designed to Eat
from the library and was intrigued. 

Now to fully believe in the Paleo lifestyle mean believing in evolution as the site the 'cave men' who lived 10,000 years ago and hunted and gathered. This I don't believe, I believe things started with creation as stated in Genesis 1. But the theory applies still, people still hunted for meat, had no sugar, the grains they ate were obviously not GMO. 

So I am going Paleo, which means I eat ONLY real foods - 
  • meat-pasture raised, grass-fed, free-ranged
  • seafood - wild caught
  • eggs - omega3 enriched
  • tons of vegetable - organic if possible
  • some fruits- organic if possible
  • plenty of good fats from fruit, nuts oils and seeds- raw nuts, extra virgin oils


This also means I DO NOT eat - 
  • no grains of any kind 
  • no sugar real or artificial {some folks make a honey exception}
  • no legumes 
  • no alcohol 
  • no dairy
  • no white potatoes
Sound crazy, well maybe I am a bit, but what could it hurt?
The possibility of being healthier, losing some weight and have more energy 
Why not!

What do you think about Paleo?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...