Thursday, February 23, 2012

Taco Soup

This is one of my favorite freezer meal that I found on Biblical Homemaking that I adapted to our liking

1 lb of stew meat {or ground beef, chicken or turkey}
2 cans of corn
1 can of chili beans
2 can of pinto beans
1 can of black beans
1 can {1lb 12.oz} crushed tomatoes
1 can {1lb 12 oz} diced tomatoes
2 cans of Rotel{the Target brand works great too!}
1 package of Taco seasoning{I like Ortega because no MSG}

1 package of dry ranch seasoning{the Simply Organic has no MSG}

In a skillet
1. Brown stew meat

2. Add all ingredients {don't drain the tomatoes}to a large slow-cooker

3. Cook on low for 6 hours!

This meal freezes wonderfully and is a favorite for meal planing a goal I shared with you before! 
For our family I can get 3 meals {4 cups in ziplock bags} out of this one recipe
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...