Friday, January 20, 2012

Lemon Almond Blueberry Muffins




This morning I made some super yummy muffins that I adapted from Jessica Seinfeld 
Preheat oven to 350 F
1/2c firmly packed brown sugar
4 TBS butter {I used cocoanut oil}
1 large egg
1c lemon yogurt {I didn't have lemon so I mixed 1/2 c plain with 1/2 c vanilla}
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp pure lemon extract { I used almond and a splash of lemon juice}
2 c. Whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2c yellow squash puree
1c blueberries
1 large egg
1/4c ground flaxseed

Line muffin tin pan with paper cups and spray with olive oil
1. Mix butter and sugar 
2. Add yogurt, egg, squash, zest, extract mix till combined
3. Combine all dry ingredients flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.    
    Then add dry to wet ingredients
4. Fold in blueberries
5. Fill muffin tin 2/3 full bake for 10-13 min
This recipe made 16 mini muffins and 12 regular muffins

I plan on freezing these and adding them to breakfast. My 2 year-old and hubby loved them. 
So SUCCESS!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...