Friday, October 8, 2010

Grocery Shopping: Saving money with a plan

So I just got back from the grocery store. I made 2 mistakes; 1. I went hungry 2. I didn't have a list. AHH but I am happy to say I didn't spend much. I actually did pretty well (not my best, but considering the circumstances its really good)
So I just feel like sharing:
  • 2 boxes of Barilla pasta
  • 2 jars of pasta sauce
  • 2 boxes if toaster strudels (the hungry me bought this)
  • 7 jars of organic baby food
  • 2 bags of frozen steamer veggies
  • Simply Pillsbury biscuits
  • 2 yogurts
  • 2 packages of hotdogs
  • 2 pacifiers
Ok so yes it isn't much but this the best part, when I go to the store I like for them to scan my groceries, then I give them my membership card, then the coupons. I like to get the BIG effect of my savings. So my total went from just under $60 (no card) to $38 (after the card) to the final cost of $25 (after coupons). The crazy thing is that someone might actually spend nearly $60 on so little groceries!
Now I did say that this isn't one of my best, but it is always nice when you go shopping with out a plan (not recommended often if saving money if your goal) and not break the bank. Now if you are really interested in becoming a real Grocery Guru you have to visit one of my favorite blogs, Beauty and Bedlam. She has a section on coupons and freebies

2 comments:

  1. Just came over from Blog Frog! You have a great site! I look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to check out your blog. Found your blog on Blog Frog. I'm now following you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...