Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Losing

It is amazing what strong feeling you develop when you find out your pregnant. And you don't realize just how strong they are till you either have the child and hold him in your arms, or you lose the pregnancy. Last Thursday, I lost my baby. I didn't realize that even at 8 weeks I was very strongly attach to it, as was my dear husband. I hope that the next time I realize those strong emotions is because I am holding my child in my arms. 
After talking to different women, I am amazed at how often women miscarry. It is so easy to think that it isn't happening all around you because you see them with their children now, and don't know the journey it took them to get there. Or assume because someone doesn't have children is because they are just waiting, not, they have miscarried or have fertility issues. It is the silentness among women, we don't talk about it, so we don't know. I hope that I can be an encourager to someone who is or has or will go through this, there is nothing worse than thinking that this has only happened to you. 

1 comment:

  1. I have just been amazed by how many women I know have lost babies and I never knew about it. I don't understand why it is something people don't talk about. It is so comforting to know people care and are praying. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. Saying a prayer for a safe delivery of your baby. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...