Thursday, February 21, 2013

Paleo Apple Crisp

This pregnancy has made me crave sweets more than normal. 
One of my favorite desserts is apple pie. Unfortunately my body
doesn't really like gluten. And pie by definition is a lot of gluten {the crust}
So thanks to the lovely world of Pinterest
I found a  Apple Crisp recipe that fits the bill
I tweaked a bit as always and this is what I came up with.
For my Paleo friends use honey and coconut oil.


PALEO APPLE CRISP
Paleo Apple Crisp

Filling
4 med Granny Smith Apples, diced
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 allspice
3TBS Organic light brown sugar
2TBS Arrowroot powder
Crumb topping
1 cup raw almond meal
1/2tsp cinnamon
1TBS Arrowroot powder
3TBS melted butter 
Honey/Maple syrup to drizzle

1. Combine all of the filling ingredient together till well coated. Pour into a glass dish oven safe dish
2. Combine all of topping ingredients {except honey/maple syrup}
3. Cover apples with crumb topping and drizzle with honey/maple syrup
4. Bake @350 for 45 min!
5. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...