Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day


What does Valentine's Day mean to you?
Is it just another over commercialized holiday that makes men spend ridiculous amounts of money on their wives, and girlfriends? 
Now don't get me wrong, I love gifts as much as the next women, but I don't want to particular date on the calender to tell my husband that he should display is love for me. I want his love for me come from a genuine desire of his heart.
 How are we truly show love and what is that suppose to look like among Christians? 


Christ tells us in Matthew 2: 37-39 that the greatest commandment are to 
 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind. AND love your neighbor as yourself' 
How do you love yourself? I am not unkind to myself, I don't gossip about myself, I don't slander myself, I take time to do things I enjoy and love. But am I treating my neighbor that way? 
Who is my neighbor? 
I view that literally and figuratively. My literal neighbors on my street and block and those I come in contact with in social and work settings. 
Do love your husband as yourself? 
Most are familiar with 



 Love suffers long and is kind; 
love does not envy; 
love does not parade itself, 
is not puffed up; 
does not behave rudely, 
does not seek its own, 
is not provoked,
 thinks no evil; 
does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 
 bears all things, 
believes all things, 
hopes all things,
 endures all things.
 Love never fails

13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I'm not knocking Valentine's day all together but if this is the only day we put effort into showing our love to someone we are missing the mark. 
If my husband seeing something that need to be done, does it with out me asking that speaks more love to me than flowers and chocolate. 
Love is action, everyday action and sacrifice. 

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friend John 15:13




Link up with  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...