Saturday, February 25, 2012

Alfredo/Marinara Chicken Pasta

I love when I plan a meal on the fly! I had parts of  different recipes so I made one up
1/2 zucchini, diced
1/2 yellow squash, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
12 asparagus spears, diced
1/2 jar of alfredo sauce {I like Classico and bertoli}
1 can diced tomatoes {with garlic,oregano and basil}
2 boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
1 box of whole grain rotini pasta
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to the instruction, drain and set aside

2. Cook chicken in a skillet in olive oil. Remove chicken, set aside

3. Add vegetable to the skillet and saute them for about 3-5 min

4. Puree the can of tomatoes and blend with the alfredo sauce

5. In a oiled pan combine pasta, chicken, alfredo/tomato sauce and vegetable


6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min till heated through

I froze a small portion in foil for later! Hope it taste as good!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...