Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm back!

Hello everyone,
Man not having home internet stinks! I was hoping to have it by now but to no avail. I'm at my parents basically letting you know that I haven't left blogland though I am SERIOUSLY behind. When I started my blog I thought I would be much farther along in blogging than I am now. Oh well God has a plan. I have been working on some fun projects though.

My current obsession is painting furniture with the $5 oops paint that I have been finding at Lowes. The best part is the colors have been spot on for what I want.  I am in the middle of working on a desk that belonged to my husbands uncle. I love it because it is REAL wood, and free the project is going to cost me around $20 between  new knobs, paint, sandpaper and sealer! What a deal. I will reveal the before and after as soon as I am done. Which will hopefully be this weekend.

In other news my family is prayerfully considering buying a home instead of renting. I am excited about the possibility of having our own space that I can paint, decorate and not worry about repainting. I am looking forward to not having to move every few years. But nervous about buying a money pit, having that much debt, and being totally responsible for the property.

I know that one day I will have to grow up and own a home(simply because renting a bigger house would send us to the poor house) but I am not sure I am ready. I am however very thankful for the things I do have and am constantly reminding myself the be content were I am and not dwell only in the future. My thankful list
Our current rental which our landlord reduced our rent by $200/mo praise the Lord!
My wonderful, fun, cute sons
My amazing caring husband
My parents and in-laws
My husbands jobs that provide for all our necessities and some extras
Last but not least my God in whom I find my strength and comfort!

Many blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...