Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

So it happens this time of year that everyone talks about what they are thankful for. I see no reason to change this. It is something I should do daily. I may have to start a once a week or month ' Thankful Thursday' post. So I am starting today Thanksgiving Day to give thanks


  • First and foremost I am thankful for my Lord and Savior, who laid down his life so that I might be saved
  • My little family of almost 4; Robert, David and Elliot(just 6 weeks left little man), I love my men
  • My immediate family, my parents and sibling, and Robert's parents and siblings. 
  • My extended family, grandparents (all of mine are still living!) aunts, uncles and cousins
  • That I have a hard working husband who on any given week works 3-4 jobs so that we can have the necessities and some luxuries
  • Those necessities being, a home, food, electricity, clothing, running water
  • Those luxuries, 2 cars, gasoline, fancy cellphones, a computer,
  • Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University. Learning now to avoid many mistakes American's make with the money God has given them
  • Watermark Community Church. A loving body of believers who serve, equip, teach, and love each other
  • My church playgroup, MOPS, and Building Blocks, 
  • Friends
  • Mary Kay


These are the big things, each of these could be broken down even further, but I will do that in my regular Thankful Thursday.

I can always find something to be thankful for. All have to do is think about families who don't have a home, food, or a job. I can think about children who are fatherless/motherless. I can think about countries stricken with famine and genocide.

I have MUCH to be thankful for, so do you! If you are able to read this post that means you have internet, or a phone w/ internet capability, or access to friend, family or library with it. That right there is a luxury that we, that I take for granted.

I hope to live this next year more thankful than the last, that I can teach my sons to be thankful. That most of the things in life we come to expect are really privileges. I hope that my family will spend 2011 blessing others who feel that they don't have much to be thankful for. That the Lord will use me to be light to those who are in darkness, so that they can have a Heavenly Father to be thankful for!

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. I Really liked all your Thankful items. I do think everyday is a Thankful day too.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...