Monday, September 3, 2012

DIY- Felt PomPoms

Two weeks ago I threw a baby shower for a dear friend who is 
expecting twin girls in October. My mother-in-law was a big help.
I wanted some elegant decorations so I made these pompoms 


Each pompom used about 1 1/2 yards of felt
The circles I cut out were about 2 1/2" in diameter.
I cut the felt in strips, 3" wide and the length of the felt 
(keep it folded in half)
That way when you cut out a circle you have two. 


I used straight pins to pin each circle to a 
{the link leads you to buy pk of 36 for $96, they don't cost that much individually!}

I forgot to take pictures of the actual process. 
I just push the pin in the middle of the felt circle right into the styrofoam ball. 
Then repeat every 1/2" 
Here is a picture of the pompom with the rest of the shower


I had so much fun making the decorations.
I'll share the diaper cakes one day!


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...